Ah Tox Kopitiam Station Live

Please click Listen Button to hear LIVE
Sometime my LIVE was auto play when you open up my page so if you wanted to stop my LIVE playing.Can always go to "Listen" button above and click to load up the player and then press Stop Button on the player.

02 November 2007

DVD Player( Branded Vs Cheaper Brand)

Days passed so fast and its going to be another weekend again.Today wake up took wife to Prangin Mall to buy another DVD Player after she complaint last night that she got problem to play the "P" version DVD(You all will know what i mean by "P" version ya....lol).Its always been well known to many that although we may have bought a very good branded DVD player but mostly the branded player will have problem if playing "P" DVD and not the original copy.Brand like Sony or Pioneer also got this kind of problem due to their uses of high quality lenses which are too sensitve for the "P" DVD.Even when a person bought a new PS2 Games console they even have to took back to the shop to have one IC their player to be change in order to make it play all the "P" DVD PS games.So funny ya.But its the truth what happened.

So we make our way to HK video on level 4 cause at there they mostly sell the cheaper DVD player which have no problem playing with all "P" DVD and look for one that will have certain feature so that i can link it to my Pioneer DVD player.Since my Pioneer player came with built in amplifier plus 5.1 channel speaker.I intend to use it as amplifier if i were to used the new DVD player to play the "P" DVD.Of cos when i got original or better quality DVD i will still use my Pioneer to play them.At last i found one that match what i wanted,that is the back panel have Component Cable output (so that i can link it to my LCD for video)and also the Optical Digital Cable(for the new player audio to link to my Pioneer to acted as amplifier for 5.1 Channel speaker).The new player just cost about Rm199 only.Which can play beside DVD also many other format.Well one advantage of this cheaper player is they always have a fastforward speed range from 3x to 36x even some extend to 48x in speed.While most of the branded player only have fastforward speed to average 1x to 5x the most.Imagine that:-)

Ok after paid up for the player,and now its time to get certain cable to link them both.First i have to find the Component Cable and Optical Digital Cable.Asked one of my friend at the "P"DVD shop and was told to try at Sheng Heng outlet on level 4.When at the outlet look around and couldn't find them.Try to asked the staff and was told they have only Optical Digital cable only.Told him to bring for me to have a look.Well at first it look to me not the same as i bought for my another player last time.....but was told by him that its all the same.Anyway was very uncertain on my side.So told him i will take it but with one condition that i will return it if it can be use and i wanted my money back .He said ok.Quickly i went back to my friend shop which i left my new player there and try to fit it.Damn i shouldn't had bought it just now.So wasting my time only and have to bring back and change it.Lucky they paid me back my money as promise.Good service also ya..the Sheng Heng:-)

Since couln't find any in Prangin Mall i later go to one hardware shop at Jalan Pintas Tali nearby where they sold almost anything.On the way home and using Jelutong Road to get home was caught by damn traffic jam as it was office hour by then.And also our Sungai Pinang Bridge area was under some expansion.Passed by after the bridge on the right,i saw the new Toyota Service Center was almost ready.I think my car next service will be at that place.Bigger and nicer then the old one small and congested.

When at home i started busy upacked everything and do the connection for linking to both the player.All was smooth (lucky day).And that also took me about 45 minutes too.Later finished the work stomach start to do drumming....hehehehe.Alerting me that is dinner time already.....lol.Since have bought Nasi Lemak and a strange triangle shape "Karipap" which my daughter recommended to me saying that the stall sold great Nasi Lemak and "Karipap".I make a fast lightning move towards the diner table and have two pack of Nasi Lemak and 3 pieces of Triangle "Karipap".Mmmmmmmm....the Nasi Lemak was damn nice and spicy.As for the triangle "Karipap" filling is nice.Well i can hardly find word to describe its taste but i know its "Best".For those who like to try them out,the stall was near to Chulia Street 7 Eleven outlet.You can find it easily.

Before



After


My playground and my big boy toys,,,,,lol.Always spend endlesss hour here when i am free.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

10 Lu Lang Kong:

David (AKK) said...

Wow... Bro, your studio very "keat" oh... fully equipt with all those Hi-end equipment oh...

The Nasi Lemak photo make me hungry nia... :p

凯纹与朋友的部落阁 Keven & friends de blogs said...

wow...from that picture you can always chating on web & watching tv in a same time...nice LCD tv...i also plan to but one of those that can drill to the wall...
save space...your studio is still a step to reach perfect...the missing step is the furniture...wakaka...by-shuahuan

Joe Lim said...

Hehe..i cant add much furniture anymore lah....cos my bedroom is not that big.If not later no place to walk:-)

AKK....its very coomon lah for us people who like food..when saw one alwsy will feel hungry eh..lol

Dragon said...

my jvc bought few years back already have 60X fast forward wor....

Joe Lim said...

Ah Leng...correct me if i was wrong ya...if you read carefully i stated in my post"While most of the branded player only have fastforward speed to average 1x to 5x" and i don't mean that all branded dont have that speed:-)Hehehe aint its time for you to get new pair of specs....lol..joking ya.

Dragon said...

hahaha....... ya, time for me to get a new one.... but still not the time yet.... :)

siewSiANlang said...

wow, lots of stuffs,pity your wife if she had to do the cleaning,Anyway, its neat.

Joe Lim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe Lim said...

Well the one you have to pity is me and not my wife....hahaha.I do almost all of the home cleaning.My mum used to said me,i was born "Char Bor Kan Sin" ;-)Sometime man also can do housework its doesnt matter.Dont have to be wife only,as long as both are helping each other and happy about doing it..right?We live in the new era and not in the old days when woman are mean to only do house work.Time change SSL.I bet you also do help in hosue work ,,,right?Hahahaha

Mrs Chong said...

New house we also making that kind of tv. Drill to the wall. But heh, in the living room la. Our house small small nia. =)

The triangle thing is it Samosa? The one I like is triangle shape with that filling but then the skin is of popiah one. Sedap also. =P I always tell mummy Samosa Samosa. She scold. Haha. Cuz Samosa not very common ma. Usually people eat karipap.

Ah Nasi Lemak. Been years since I last eat Nasi Lemak. I can crave, and stare but not eat. =(

Honestly, cannot blame us for buying "P" disc la. Go where find time and money always go Cinema? "P" disc can watch few times summore can pinjam friends. And can get exposed to more shows because hee, pocket tarak koyak from ori disc. But albums I buy ori la. Local one I usually buy ori, support local singers. Overseas one, they buy bungalow, i stay in apartment, they must donate to me ler. =P