Ah Tox Kopitiam Station Live

Please click Listen Button to hear LIVE
Sometime my LIVE was auto play when you open up my page so if you wanted to stop my LIVE playing.Can always go to "Listen" button above and click to load up the player and then press Stop Button on the player.

03 December 2007

881- The Getai Movie


The movie i was waiting finally arrived.Got a call from my DVD friend who told me the movie "881" lai liow lor.I quick quick drive to his place and collect from him.No time to test it pun cos i trust him.He told me "gelantee" 100% clear liow eh.So i pun quickly get home and watch the movie.Well the movie is nice .Got funny and sad.Anyway when i watched the movie "881".It remind me a lot of my past experience i have in the 70s and 80s "Getai".
Trailer.


Actually i think the word "Getai" in Hokkien was actually " Ker Tai" in Mandarin meaning " Stage For Songs".Its was a very important entertaiment for many that era.Recall back then we used to cycling from one "Getai" to next "Getai"....hahahaha....not to sing lah.But to watch the Getai singer singing.Anyway since its about the "881" movie i will be posting i wouldn't be telling more about my memory with "Getai".Maybe i will do a podcast about it in time to come for my AhToxKopitiam Podcast.
The Making Of 881.....

The Deleted Scene( Never Get To Watch In The Movie)

A Day In Liu Ling Ling's Life.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

12 Lu Lang Kong:

David (AKK) said...

Whoa... Bro... Thanks for your sharing it here... I havent get it yet... hmm will get it soonest...

I like this movie very much... especially the story line... very touching & meaningful..

The hokkien song inside also very nice ler... :)

Mrs Chong said...

I just got a call from my neighbour asking me bout it. getting it. He is passing it to me tonight. Wont have time to watch though. I got bertimbun timbun punya disc no time watch.

Anonymous said...

I told my aunt she get it yesterday. Havent finish watching though. Cos we watched it late...and i feel tired...will continue today

Anonymous said...

What kind of movie is that? Havent heard on that..

keeyit

Joze Foo said...

aiyor...finish watch the other part...this movie can cry de...waste my tears

Sometimes we just need to...... said...

wah look lyk dis movie veli interesting lor sum more got bok kuah sister.

Dragon said...

will get it when i'm back.

K3ViN said...

try search mamak stall 2day c if i can buy it or nope..... ya i like this movie also.. very nice n at the end is the sad part.....

Constance Chan said...

everyday i go see 881 dvd. the price here is 21.90 ler. popular sells it 20.90. i think the price will go down soon.. am still waiting ler..hahahah

Joe Lim said...

Wah...almost Rm40 plus leh .So expensive."P" version Rm6 nia.....:-)

Constance Chan said...

ya lah joe.. Lak khor so cheap. Lao Sai. here like wait for it to drop to that stage is like when the shop close down.. hahaha or maybe defect one here.

i think maybe the price the most drop to 19.90 nia..cos dvd mah. the cheapest one i've seen maybe $16.90 but those shows not box office type.

Anonymous said...

I so wanna watch it
send me a copy!

Guleng!